I’m doing a little re-focusing here at Are You My Cousin?.
Up to this point, AYMC has primarily been about telling MY ancestors’ stories.
l will continue to do that, but….
I want to help you share your ancestors’ stories.
Why? You might ask.
I’ve grown as a genealogist.
I’ve grown as a family historian.
I’ve made new connections within my own family.
I’ve recognized not just the importance of researching family history, but sharing that family history.
I want to share my family history. I want you to share your family history. And….I think we can do it in a way that does not make the current generations’ eyes glaze over!
Here is a sampling of new things you will find here at Are You My Cousin?:
- Ideas on where to discover your family’s oral history
- Tips to conduct a successful oral history interview
- Tips on how to involve your children in discovering their family history
- Ideas on how to display/share your family history (This is a favorite of mine!)
- My adventures – and misadventures! – in researching my family history
Together, let’s get our ancestors out of the computer databases and tell their stories!
Are you up for the challenge?